supermarkets and nappy week

kauri
TNN convert

supermarkets and nappy week

Post by kauri » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:59 pm

I went down to my local NewWorld and asked if i could put up a large poster and some flyers for Nappy Week . they checked that it was ok with mangment and i placed them on the notice board. I returned the next day and they told me that they could not display the poster as they sell nappies and that it was compertition for their suppliers! i was too shocked to say anything. im still thinking it over,i would like to right them a letter about it. so if you have some good points for me to consider in the letter then post them for me.
has anyone else had a similar problem,maybe you should check back with the supermarkets where you have placed info.

good news is that i have placed brochures and flyers at my local maternity ward. they were very helpful.
two suns, 8 & over a year.

My life is my message.

jo-mangee
TNN convert

(MovieFest) Posters

Post by jo-mangee » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:12 pm

i had something simliar with a MovieFest poster (pdf of 2004).. they initially said yes.. then some one more senior came by.. and took it down..

some of them let anything in a "community part" especially it is not for profit.

Heh, reminds me: PLUG: Anyone wanna make a short movie? Kids too :) See MovieFest.org.nz/06
Jo

Jack05
TNN nerd

Post by Jack05 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:05 pm

Well, they sell nappy liners don't they? So that's cloth related, and you can buy pins too... don't know if that will help :?
How about the fact that you might not feel like shopping there anymore because they aren't community minded, and you may encourage others to also find a friendlier supermarket??
What a shame they took it down.

AbbeHG
TNN nerd

Post by AbbeHG » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:14 am

It was worth trying though!!
Flag the supermarket!

Aside form just this particular week - see if any other local businesses will put up a info flyier (even for a couple weeks) Especially if it's a discreet one that has basic information like your contact details perhaps and the website address. Let them know that's it's in the communities best interest to support cloth initaitives.
Keep at it!!
:D
Abbe
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

kauri
TNN convert

Post by kauri » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:04 pm

thanks people im hoping, to get a constant space at the plunket rooms and the maternity ward.

My life is my message.

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:33 pm

My Plunket nurse needs to ask her superviser to put up the poster :evil:
And they have parent centre and LLL posters in the noticeboard !
Why not TNN?
part-time worker ,University student and Mum to Lucy Belle Kay and little angel boy 9/05/09

kauri
TNN convert

Post by kauri » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:16 pm

im thinking alot of people get an idea that TNN is selling something.
so im having to really push the NFP community thing when i introduce myself.
i had some luck with my local healthfood shop im going to ask him if i can do a little display in the window some time.

Im trying to devise away to leave a nappy up at the maternity ward on display. I would probably just leave it up there pinen with a saftey pin to somekind of ancor on the notice board if someone took it i figure they need it more than me! but my DH is a little more cinicle than me and suggest that i find some kind of securing device im thinkinhg one of thoses tag things like they have at clothing stores or maybe i will sew a tag and cord on to th nappy itself

My life is my message.

hoaenz
TNN guru

Post by hoaenz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:27 pm

My Plunket nurse needs to ask her superviser to put up the poster

Thats probably to do with the Huggies sponsorship thing. Some Plunket Nurses are happy to ignore it, others don't.
You could be sneaky and not ask, just put it up - IME most Plunket Nurses are so busy it would probably take them at least a few days to notice it! :wink:
Anthea
-----------------------------------------------

kauri
TNN convert

Post by kauri » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:53 pm

thats what i did at our ocal plunket rooms. It does have my contact details on it if their's a problem, I also pushed one under her door.

My life is my message.

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:05 pm

I'll do that tomorrow !! I'm going to meet Deborah (Bizzy), and see if they put it up but if they haven't, I will !!! 8)
part-time worker ,University student and Mum to Lucy Belle Kay and little angel boy 9/05/09

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2006”