RNW event - Auckland

Janine
TNN nerd

RNW event - Auckland

Post by Janine » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:34 pm

Righto... an update for everyone...

We are all go for Sunday, there have been posters put up all over Auckland - quite a few I would suggest as I started with 100 copies and I only have 20 left!

A big thank you to the following people for helping out by putting up posters where they could:
Chuffed
Flower
Karen
k8ylou
Nova
Robin
Rua Mama

We are planning on keeping it fairly simple... 2 tressle tables set up, one with the demo kit on it which Cloth Convert and Chuffed will be looking after, and the other with brochures and info.

Another big thank you to those WAHMs and businesses that have sent us fliers and cards to put on the info table.

We will also be showing people a fitted nappy partially constructed and a pocket nappy partially constructed and handing out copies of the Wee Weka pattern if people are interested in constructing their own! Thank you to Leanne for her permission to do this. And Nova for a fitted nappy partially sewn (and great ideas).

A couple of helpers will be looking after tea and coffee etc for the day and a big thank you to them too - Karen and Ansis! I may have also talked a couple into making biscuits (and me, of course).

I have printed various posters and lots of info off TNN website to put up on the walls. Big thankyou to my DH for the photocopying!

We are also expecting a film crew for a TV show that is currently being developed, to film the different types of modern cloth options available and have a chat to one of our lovely people from TNN - but will have more info on that after the event.

I will take photos on the day and post them here not long after and hopefully we have a good turn out.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers
Janine
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:42 pm

opps forgot...
I was too late for the community newspapers but we should be on the community notices on the radio stations with the radio network.
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:58 pm

sounds great! i've managed to organise things with hubby so i can come too :D
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

Ansis
TNN nerd

Post by Ansis » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:10 pm

Sounds great - and let me know if you need more biscuits made or whatever.

Hazel's just started another round of antibiotics today (insert icon of extreme displeasure and disappointment) and we're descending into the hell of diorrhoea, so may end up leaving her at home. Don't want to let the side down by appearing with leaking nappies and a shocking case of nappy rash! I figure we don't want to scare off the punters before they've committed themselves. :lol:
Jacqui

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b4.lilypie.com/RXH6p12/.png[/img][/url]

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:35 pm

Poor wee Hazel :(
Ansis - if you can't make it due to a sick bubba we will all completely understand.
Don't worry about bickies you sound busy enough all ready :)

Rachel - looking forward to seeing you and the boys again :)
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:38 pm

Oh my goodness - I feel so bad!!

How could I forget to thank Helen. THANK YOU HELEN for donating a voucher for a free custom knitted soaker... we're going to have a spot prize!

If I have time I may also make some wipes for a couple more prizes... oh, not enough hours in a day! LOL

Feel like such an egg - so sorry Helen, your generosity is absolutely noticed and really appreciated.

Thank you
Janine
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

Ansis
TNN nerd

Post by Ansis » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:39 pm

Oooo no, I'm going to see that Demo kit! DH can hold down the fort for a morning, he owes me after being away for a week. So baby or no baby I'll be there. :D
Jacqui

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b4.lilypie.com/RXH6p12/.png[/img][/url]

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:39 pm

:smt040 Ansis, I know what you mean!
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:09 pm

sounds like its going to be great :D

heh heh most of my advertising has been on the ebb jan 06 mums board! i post every day usually, and theres always something about nappies in there :oops: 8) i'm sure they're sick of me going on about it! but a few have joined up here just recently- dj, fran, rosada \:D/ and rachy who's been a member for a while but doesn't post often.. i think a few are planning to come on sunday :smt041

i'm all excited! now i have to get sewing & baking tommorrow! :smt023
:star:

Flower
TNN nerd

Post by Flower » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:38 pm

Good news! I put up 4 of the 5 posters you sent me, and I gave the 5th to my mum who's going to copy it and put it up at any hospitals she visits this week (she was definitely going to middlemore and hopefully others).

No fossil fuels were burnt in the distribution of my posters - I walked to my 4 destinations and my mum took it where she was going anyway!

NOW here's my dumb question:

I didn't actually take note of the details before I put up my last poster, so, um, when is it? 10am on Sunday? And is it at the Grey Lynn Community Hall? Umm, where is that? :roll: :oops:

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:44 pm

i did my bit on the oh baby board, posted about real nappy week with a link for the list of whats on - nobody replied or made comment re it tho so dont know how much help that was. :cry:

not sure if i will be making it - have my nieces 21st the night before... yeeha. it sounds like it will be a fab day tho.
Deborah, SAHM to three

Ali
TNN nerd

Post by Ali » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:58 pm

I am looking forward to my first nappucino - I am hoping it will help me make up my very confused pregnant mind about what to use. DH is interested (surprise) :) - are men welcome?
Ali
Ali
<-- Someone got hold of a felt pen!!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;54;95/st/20060527/n/Isobella+Elliott/dt/16/k/f048/age.png[/img]
[/url]

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:16 pm

Ali - its very simple really - one of everything, in every colour! :smt045

oh plus a few more of the ones you really love, plus a few spares for 'just in case'... 8)
:star:

Ali
TNN nerd

Post by Ali » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:30 pm

Thanks for the advice Nova!!
I will have to start some serious shopping!
Ali
Ali
<-- Someone got hold of a felt pen!!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;54;95/st/20060527/n/Isobella+Elliott/dt/16/k/f048/age.png[/img]
[/url]

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:40 pm

well, I'm sorry to say, I've only put up 2 of the 5 posters you sent (but kind of glad you have leftovers and people weren't left wanting). And I used a heap of fossil fuel to put those 2 up, I did Roasted Addition cafe in Kingsland, and Simply Kidz in New Lynn, and was going to do some more places (Mt Eden, Onehunga) but I've been soooo tired all week. waiting for 2nd trimester.

And I can't come on Sunday, but I'm sure you'll be packed already.

Good luck with the TV interview... have you drawn straws yet for who is going to do it? :wink:

I was thinking about having a name/address/contact no. and how did you hear about it? register type thing at the door, maybe when you do a name tag? might be good for feedback re. where to advertise next year?

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2006”