Cheating

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Cheating

Post by Stacey » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:37 pm

Copied from Shanes post at the DiaperDecisions Forum:

"I hate to post something negative about the hunt, but in every one we have run so far we have 40 or so people that break the rules and end up getting disqualified. We take a very dim view of cheaters. It's a free competition with over $4000 in prizes and we put a lot of time and effort into running it. We also put a lot of time and effort into finding those that break the rules and eliminate them from the compeition, so that all the rule abiding hunters have the best chance of winning a prize. So just for clarification:

* Do not share the location of an Icon with any other hunter. This will get you both disqualified.
* Do not enter anyone else's email address when you have found an Icon. This will get you and the other person disqualified.
* Do not post links on forums, send emails or PMs sharing the location of an Icon. This will get you and any person following the link disqualified.
* Only 1 entry per household. And this means at any time. Do not go to your friends/sisters house and hunt with her. This will get you both disqualified.
* Do not give hints to anyone about where an Icon can be found on a particular site. Anyone requesting help should be directed to this forum where they can ask the store owner."

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:53 pm

I know it's a long shot...but fingers crossed we don't get any cheaters this year!
I don't think people realise just how much work goes into doing all this, and for some people to have to re-do mini hunts and move their icons in some cases up to 3-4 times...please don't cheat people!!
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:53 pm

I hate to admit it but I got disqualified last year, and for life. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I told my SIL about the hunt and she entered my email address in several of the icons.
There was also lots of talk on different forums about people helping each other.

I wish that list had been made obvious last time - or that maybe we be sent a warning as some of the things I didnt realise about. (like hunting together)

I felt terrible that I had wasted the organisers time and totally embaressed. So sorry to all the people from the last hunt who I affected.
Louise - CBE and SAHM to 6 children; 14, 11, 9, 8, 6, and 4.
Angel mummy to MissK 12 and 2 little ^i^

*If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. By Winnie the Pooh*

Owner and creator of Kanzu - Clothing with a difference https://www.facebook.com/kanzudesign

Return to “The Great Down Under Nappy Hunt (Public)”