RNW 2009 - International or Australasian?

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:10 pm

mothersinstinct wrote:Do you think we would have many more retailers than we did last year?

The feedback was always : 'if we had more notice'

Some out of towners would have come for Auckland if we had given them sufficient notice... I remember you were waiting for shipments at the last minute even and we taking pre-orders because we really didn't give retailers a fair chance to get stock in the country... although I believe that distribution is alot more efficient this year :D
Lisa

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:58 am

On the 2nd Mt Albert is available from 11:15am. So potentially an afternoon-evening thing there? Will go back and request details on the others?
Lisa

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:52 pm

karmiec wrote:On the 2nd Mt Albert is available from 11:15am. So potentially an afternoon-evening thing there? Will go back and request details on the others?

Sounds like you need to start an Auckland RNW thread :)
RNW 2009 section anyone?

The amount of apathy there is in Hamilton, I don't know if I want to even go there. Last time it was basically me and 0ebuny doing the whole thing. ATM I can't see myself doing that again.

Are any other cities/towns organising anything yet?
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

Westerbaby
TNN newbie

Post by Westerbaby » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi everyone... just popping in from Australia here to mention the 'Australian' (Australasian if you wish) Reusable Nappy Week dates will be Oct 12-18th 2009 - (second full week in October each year). Just in case anyone/businesses etc want to celebrate both, thought you could do with the lead time!

All the best :)

Lucy
~ [b]Lucy[/b] ~
Australian Nappy Network (tm) Ltd

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Another thought, swaying to the Australasian RNW dates, for us it is a busy couple of months, we have the GDUNH in March and the RNW soon after, so it is a bit full on being a bit flat out as well as trying to keep the stock levels up for both events!

I remember last year it came around so fast, and alot of areas had a lack of motivation/organisation - I guess having GDUNH and this together doesn't really help with that either.

Hmmmmm, fors and againsts for both ....
The RNW dates for Australian fall right on our Parent and Child Show dates so either way tis a busy time :roll: :shrug:
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:34 am

Well it's all turned to custard for us again this year.

Thought we had a venue and day all sorted for the week after RNW, was happy that it didn't happen to be in the school holidays this year and away from the V8 racing - until someone pointed out that the Hamilton P&C Expo is on that weekend :hissy:

Now we're having to start from scratch trying to find something to suit most folks. This year we can't even legally have an expo on the Saturday morning previous to RNW - aside from the problems of it being in the holidays/ public holiday. :roll:

So it's looking more like Hamilton is going to have to follow the Australian dates anyway. :shrug:
Netty, Mum to:

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:37 am

Netty wrote:Well it's all turned to custard for us again this year.

Thought we had a venue and day all sorted for the week after RNW, was happy that it didn't happen to be in the school holidays this year and away from the V8 racing - until someone pointed out that the Hamilton P&C Expo is on that weekend :hissy:

Now we're having to start from scratch trying to find something to suit most folks. This year we can't even legally have an expo on the Saturday morning previous to RNW - aside from the problems of it being in the holidays/ public holiday. :roll:

So it's looking more like Hamilton is going to have to follow the Australian dates anyway. :shrug:

I was under the impression it was only selling that wasn't allowed before 1pm on Anzac day?
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:24 am

navarri wrote:
Netty wrote:Now we're having to start from scratch trying to find something to suit most folks. This year we can't even legally have an expo on the Saturday morning previous to RNW - aside from the problems of it being in the holidays/ public holiday. :roll:

I was under the impression it was only selling that wasn't allowed before 1pm on Anzac day?

Technically, yes, however how many people (buyers and sellers) are going to go to an event where the first 3 or so hours are "view only"? Or how many folks are going to want to come to Hamilton and set up shop for an afternoon only expo?
Netty, Mum to:

Westerbaby
TNN newbie

Post by Westerbaby » Mon May 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi guys

Shall have a little look at the debrief threads and see how RNW went for you, I hope very successfullly!?

We have a new 'National Coordinator' for Reusable Nappy Week (Australia) taking over this year, her name is Kira and she is taking on the challenge with a fresh outlook and enthusiasm, wihc his wonderful to see! I will still be helping out, but transferring responsibility over the next few months :)

We have just about confirmed State Coordinators for the year, and have a few events locked in already, although RNW (Australia) is over 4 months away, I think we all know how easily time can get away from us!

Please let us know if anyone in NZ plans to hold any events coinciding with RNW Australian dates (12-18 October) so we can mention them on the website, I am sure a bit of cross promotion between international allies can go a long way to helping with attendance and media coverage.

All the best! :)
~ [b]Lucy[/b] ~
Australian Nappy Network (tm) Ltd

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Mon May 25, 2009 3:10 pm

We were planning on having the Hamilton Reusable Nappy Expo coincide with Austrailian promotion as there was no way it was going to happen with events around May this year.

We have a venue arranged but not booked as it will depend what shops are vacant in the mall nearer the time. I need to start organising this though - thanks for the heads up. :)
Netty, Mum to:

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”