RNW Hamilton

0ebuny
TNN nerd

RNW Hamilton

Post by 0ebuny » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:04 pm

do i even bear to mention this?

is there anyone who is keen to help organize ect? last year netty and myself did most of the stuff and i ended up paying for everything out of my own pocket.

so is there anyone willing to help bare the weight?

or do we just not bother?
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Suggestions:
Once we have some expressions of interest from retailers and volunteers deciding whether we go ahead, we aim to keep it simple.

Probably 2 mornings at The Base and Parent's Place on Saturday again.

I reckon we need at least another 3 interested retailers and 1 more volunteer to make a go of a mini expo. And at least 3 other volunteers to do mornings at the base.
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:30 pm

I'll talk to DH about coming along as a retailer (if the HLZ day doesn't clash with the AKL one if there's an AKL one). I won't get sick this time I promise!!

:D

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:51 pm

I wouldnt do parents place, its too hidden away esp if your rounding up a decent number of retailers, Id only join if it was for a decent location that people actually know exaists.

rangitotogirl
TNN oracle

Post by rangitotogirl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:40 pm

You've got a couple of nappy retailers there now too. i.e. Little Buttons and Poopee Pants.

http://www.carrymybaby.co.nz
http://www.facebook.com/carrymybabynewzealand

http://www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
http://www.facebook.com/scarecrowfarm
http://www.mobywrap.co.nz

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Mel wrote:I wouldnt do parents place, its too hidden away esp if your rounding up a decent number of retailers, Id only join if it was for a decent location that people actually know exaists.

Any suggestions?

We'd need more retailers to cover the cost of any other venue I can think of. Most are at least 2 1/2 times the cost of Parent's Place, so we'd need a minimum of say 9 retailers to cover it.
Netty, Mum to:

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:11 am

Netty wrote:
Mel wrote:I wouldnt do parents place, its too hidden away esp if your rounding up a decent number of retailers, Id only join if it was for a decent location that people actually know exaists.

Any suggestions?

We'd need more retailers to cover the cost of any other venue I can think of. Most are at least 2 1/2 times the cost of Parent's Place, so we'd need a minimum of say 9 retailers to cover it.

No Netty I dont have any suggestions working two jobs kills all time and brain power needed to sort that kind of thing. But like I said, a better location will pull better numbers of WAHMs therefore you can afford a better location KWIM.
Its one of the reason I didnt join last year, my time comes with a high price tag these days, and no way was parents place gonna pull enough numbers to cover it. Just having to walk down the long quiet drveway with a big fiddly gate at the end would put people off, not to mention parking down that street.

Actually The glenview/melville Hall on Ohuapo Rd will get a lot of passing traffic on the day seen as its a main road of hamilton. I think its a bingo hall?
The glenview comminuty center would be cheap to hire (but again parking is a challenge, but its easy to find)
What about a school or church hall, Im pretty sure the church hall wouldnt cost too much, school hall might some red tape re fire safety rules but Im not sure. The possibilities are endless really.

Right best get to work, running late now :S

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:08 am

-----------------
Last edited by Mazz on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:52 pm

------------------
Last edited by Mazz on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:24 am

Thanks for all that Mazz, much appreciated. As RNW doesn't happen to be in the holidays this year :roll: we could possibly even ditch the expo in favour of arranging displays or demos at each of the kindys/ playcentres/ coffee groups that we &/or our children attend.

It would make it more targetted, shorter, cheaper and hopefully more sheltered :roll: It's just an idea - what do you think?
Netty, Mum to:

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:21 pm

-------------------
Last edited by Mazz on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:30 am

:lol: Mazz, you organistion addict :P

Im not doing stalls, I dont have the time for that, I also dont playcenter, coffee group, playgroup etc. Sure I do childcare but Im working when hes there so for obvoius reasons that wouldnt work, plus hes mostly (4 out of 5days) homebased care so that reallly wouldnt work :lol: (on the plus side one of the babies is in cloth already 8-) )
Besides if you attend coffee/playgroups you tend to mention you use cloth anyway so if anyone was interested that would of been covered already anyway.

As a WAHM Id consider doing an expo, depending on Where it is and What day and time because I have to fit it around work and Jake.

Mazz theres One demo kit with a dozen? nappies in it.

Does it have to held during RNW? Could we make a "Hamilton RNW" the week or two after/before? month later? It would probably mean more WAHMs from other areas would be able to travel to join because it wouldnt clash with their towns thing. And I cant see the general public having a problem with it, Actually it might work in our favour because no doubt that NZNA will have a big give away or demo or something on tv during the RNW week again, so then the awareness in the public will be out there and they will notice the advertising more? IYKWIM?

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Mel wrote:Does it have to held during RNW? Could we make a "Hamilton RNW" the week or two after/before? month later? It would probably mean more WAHMs from other areas would be able to travel to join because it wouldnt clash with their towns thing. And I cant see the general public having a problem with it, Actually it might work in our favour because no doubt that NZNA will have a big give away or demo or something on tv during the RNW week again, so then the awareness in the public will be out there and they will notice the advertising more? IYKWIM?

Having it directly after RNW is a good idea, we'd be able to piggyback on the publicity of RNW and possibly get more people than if it was during the week. I'd suggest doing it the week after though, as people have short memories for this sort of thing and any later we'd lose the impact. We should get in touch with the NZNA to work in with them. They've been doing those talks down here, so it would be great to get one at the expo. Again, the week after RNW would work in our favour for that.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:29 am

Mazz wrote:We should get in touch with the NZNA to work in with them. They've been doing those talks down here, so it would be great to get one at the expo. Again, the week after RNW would work in our favour for that.

I don't know if they'll be interested after last year.
Netty, Mum to:

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:49 pm

sounds like some good ideas.

the base worked quite well last year. quite a few people stopped and talked to me last year (not sure what you other ladys found) with interest. hardys and babycity both said they had quite a few people coming in and asking about cloth nappies and had a spike in sales. which means people are thinking about them and buying them and possibly being converted.

anetta has said she will help where she can. (this is the bit where you join in Chickie??)

sound like some stalls during real nappy week sound like an idea if we can get enuff people to help with those.

and an expo the week after?? what about getting some famous child personalitys to come along i.e. funky monkeys or ronald macdonald ect?? i dunno just some ideas.

best idea is to make plans quickly and get advertising out there asap so lots of people hear about it?

thats my 2c anyway whats everyone else think
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”