RNW Hamilton

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Me again again again :oops:

Just got the time and courage to investigate The Base for venue possiblities and it wasn't too scary at all - in fact I'm quite excited...
:smt041
The DressSmart mall currently has 3 empty shops. One is on an outside corner, another is right next door to Pumpkin Patch almost opposite Cotton On Kids and second in from the entrance :D

The lady has to get back to me but told me to expect we'll have to pay about $30-50 per retailer and is taking into consideration that we are a community group.

Well, waddaya think - do we have a goer?

ETA: One condition is that we don't sell any clothing (other than nappies).
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

mbi15
TNN nerd

Post by mbi15 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Netty wrote:Me again again again :oops:

Just got the time and courage to investigate The Base for venue possiblities and it wasn't too scary at all - in fact I'm quite excited...
:smt041
The DressSmart mall currently has 3 empty shops. One is on an outside corner, another is right next door to Pumpkin Patch almost opposite Cotton On Kids and second in from the entrance :D

The lady has to get back to me but told me to expect we'll have to pay about $30-50 per retailer and is taking into consideration that we are a community group.

Well, waddaya think - do we have a goer?

ETA: One condition is that we don't sell any clothing (other than nappies).

Woohoo, well done Netty :bow: :smt041 \:D/
I think the Base will be brilliant, there is loads of parking and heaps of foot traffic all the time. And if we could put up some advertising prior to the day that would be great. and some sort of Banner/Sign that people can see as they drive in etc.

Now we just need to know how many retailers we will have. Come on ladies confirm numbers :-)

I wonder how we would go for getting tables and chairs and maybe notice boards, etc. But I am sure we could work something out, even a hire company could drop some off etc. But if someone knows of any local halls that have tables and chair we could borrow for the day or something similar. (I assume the Base doesn't have these??)

I don't think I will be back in Hamilton till wednesday next week, I wanna have a look at the empty shops :-)

Again, WELL DONE NETTY. The Base has my Vote of any other venue so far :-)
Megan

[url=http://www.snugglepie.com][img]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/779420.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://tickers.families.com][img]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1174543.png[/img][/url]

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:25 pm

hiya sorry been a bit slack

yup sounds great im in.

ive got a few chairs (the cheap plastic outdoors type ones you can get from the warehouse) probably about 15-20 i can bring them. ive got a couple of trestle tables i could bring too but not sure on how many there.
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

MsE
TNN nerd

Post by MsE » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:12 pm

I'm not sure how this whole thing works but I can contribute some time for a stall? Or design some flyers advertising??

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm

MsE wrote:I'm not sure how this whole thing works but I can contribute some time for a stall? Or design some flyers advertising??

Either would be great :D

For the expo I will be doing a DIY stand, so we'll definately need someone to (wo)man the demo kit on the day to answer questions and hand out brochures and information (and make sure no nappies grow legs :roll: ).

I'm not sure if we have anybody else brave enough to do any stands outside the Warehouse during the week before to get a few more to the expo :?:

Last year for the posters we got some photos of some of our children in mcn. But any ideas/ input would be great - I can e-mail you a piccie of what we did last year if that will help. We had A4 posters and A6 prize draw/ invites.
Netty, Mum to:

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:53 pm

:oops:

Just looked at your profile - no, don't look at last years efforts, you'll have a much better idea of what to do than us.

Have fun, I look foward to seeing the results :D
Netty, Mum to:

MsE
TNN nerd

Post by MsE » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:58 am

Hey, email me them anyway. I can have a play around.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:38 am

Oh boy, Ethan's Mum (Helen) just pointed out the the Hamilton Parent & Child Expo is on the 9th of May as well.

Snazzipants is going to be there and Helen is just waiting for confirmation.

Does this affect any other interested parties??

The way I see it we have 3 options:

A) Keep to our current plan

B) Change to the following weekend (and hope it's not too far from the real RNW)

C) Change venue to one close to the Expo and piggy back off their promotion :twisted:
Netty, Mum to:

MsE
TNN nerd

Post by MsE » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:41 am

c, piggybacking - it seems like a natural extension of the parent child expo. Seems like a good opportunity.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Bumpity Bump!

Come on guys, I don't know what you want unless you tell me PLEEEAAASE!

I'm okay to organise this (if you actually want me to). But it's pretty hard when I don't know what retailers want or even if they're in at all.
Netty, Mum to:

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:11 pm

I dont think Id bother going to the base esp not on the same weekend as the expo. Is the 9th the week of RNW or the week after?

Im trying to think of where is closer to the show ground... I know theres a smaller hall at claudelands but Im not sure if there will be rules about hirage when an expos on kwim?

Meredith Reece
TNN newbie

Post by Meredith Reece » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Not sure that the base would be worth the expense if the parent child expo's on too. What about the weekend before RNW? the 25th or 26th April? I know Saturday is anzac day - but still might be OK. I'd be keen on the 9th if it were at a cheaper community hall or church - but I guess the crowds would be at the expo... bit tricky to choose I guess.
I think i'd be safe to say no - to the base on the 9th - but maybe yes if it were on a different weekend.
Yes - to a cheaper hall or venue on the 9th.
Hope that helps with feedback.
Thanks for all your efforts ladies. Will keep my eye on the thread. :D
Children seldom misquote you, they more often repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said :)

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:08 pm

I'd prefer a different weekend to the Child & Parenting Expo so we get the chance to exhibit at both. Really keen to support a TNN Nappy Week event in HLZ if possible.

The cost estimate of a stall at the base I think is fine - as long as the event is well publicised (which I'm sure it will be :D ) to attract plenty of punters.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:47 am

:) Thank you for responding.

The Expo is at the Tennis Hall on Dey St this year. My first thought was Hillcrest Baptist Church as it is quite close to there, but then I thought most people will be coming from the other end of Clyde St so maybe Marion School or Sacred Heart would be better, so they could see it driving past. If we were open before &/or after the P&C expo we might catch more people too.

I haven't had a chance to drive along Clyde St since Friday to have a good critical look (have to get on Google Earth), but those are my initial thoughts.

As for the other weekends...
RNW is 25 April -2 May, However,
- 25th & 26th is a BAD, BAD, BAD weekend
1) It's a public holiday (illegal to sell anything in the morning of the 25th),
2) It's at the end of the school holidays, so way less advertising opportunities
3) I've got another event on that weekend, so I'm not organising it if it's going to be on then, and
4) One school I rang said they don't hire out the hall during school holidays.

- 2nd of May is Auckland's expo so still wouldn't work for Ethan's Mum and any other's planning to go to that.

- 14th of May is 2 weeks out from RNW and getting all the closer to winter.

Grrr, these are among the many reasons I think we should be following the Australasian (sp?) RNW :evil: 'cause we only really get one weekend to work with. Rant over.
Netty, Mum to:

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:52 am

Another way out thought is having it on a Friday at the Base like the 1st or 8th of May?? Don't think we'd get the same numbers, but just a thought.
Netty, Mum to:

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”