RNW Hamilton

mbi15
TNN nerd

Post by mbi15 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:03 am

Ok here are my thoughts now that I know about the Parent and Child Expo. I am also considering exhibiting at the P&C Expo.

I still think the Base is a great idea for a venue (I don't understand those people who don't), but not on or near the same weekend as the P&C Expo, as people will expect to be able to find out everything they need to know at the P&C Expo IMO.

My thoughts now are maybe to follow the Australian RNW and have a RNW Expo in October simply because its after winter, and by that time people who have been to the P&C Expo will be more likely to go to another event.

As for other RNW events I am not sure as my main interest was in an Expo. But I am happy to contribute if I can
Megan

[url=http://www.snugglepie.com][img]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/779420.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://tickers.families.com][img]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1174543.png[/img][/url]

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:06 am

mbi15 wrote:
My thoughts now are maybe to follow the Australian RNW and have a RNW Expo in October simply because its after winter, and by that time people who have been to the P&C Expo will be more likely to go to another event.

I'd be happy to attend an October expo if it was decided to wait till then :wink:

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:45 pm

:bawl:

Unfortunately there won't be the related national promotion in October and those that have seen stuff in May might think it a bit odd that we're doing it then.

But if we were just going to do a one-off nappy promotional day at the Base in October because it's a good venue and you lot are keen then it could possibly work just fine (plan D).

I had a (Google) look down Clyde St. The schools are really at the other end of Clyde St but very close to the shops there. There is one other possiblity - there is one place between the tennis courts and the police station (so really close to the turn-off and walking distance from the P&C Expo) , which I think is the brass band hall. I'm going over that way on Wednesday and will have a nosey as I couldn't find it in the phone book. Wish me luck. It won't be able to be too expensive if we go with the 9th as we're already down 2 retailers. :?

Keep your thoughts coming as this really is about what will work for you.

Edited to correct dates
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:15 pm

ok jumping on way late (sorry ladies ive got no net at the moment so its not easy to keep updated)

i booked and paid for my stand at the child and parent expo last year so i will be there that weekend so not so good for me.

sounds like there are some good ideas going around tho.
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:03 am

Okay...

With 3 of our most enthusiastic retailers doing the P&C expo that really leaves us canning a May RNW for Hamilton.

But here's the good news...

The manager from The Base got back to me.

For display/information only we can have the use of an empty shop for free. :D :D :D

If we are selling merchandise, they are prepared to let it out to us for a total of $112.50 (which is about on par with most other venues). :smt041

I think we'll plan a expo for October or maybe September - of course the shop next to PP will probably be gone. Probably cost about $30 ea as we'll need to cover advertising also (and more if we need to hire tables and chairs).

In light of the timing with the P&C expo doing ours 6 months later will be a lot more productive in getting the mcn word around :D

So LMK if you've got other ideas or input. But this is where I see it now. I'll keep you updated and let you know when we've arranged a spot at The Base.
Netty, Mum to:

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Awesome work netty. I can probably help with a couple of hours on a display.

Maybe we should just do a flyer drop on the cars outside the expo with the TNN address and info on cloth. :wink: :lol:

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Sounds good.

Put us down as interested in taking a stall for an expo in Sept/Oct. At this stage the only weekend I can't do is Oct 30 - 1 Nov as that's when the Auckland P&C Show is on.

If you'd like some brochures for an info day at The Base let me know :D

mbi15
TNN nerd

Post by mbi15 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:29 pm

That sounds great Netty. Well Done.

I'm definately interested in an expo in Sep/Oct.

Let me know if I can do anything for the info display etc. :-)
Megan

[url=http://www.snugglepie.com][img]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/779420.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://tickers.families.com][img]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1174543.png[/img][/url]

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:32 am

So do you guys still reckon it's worth doing some sort of promotion out at The Base during International RNW (probably May 2nd) as a lead up to the P&C expo? I don't want to do it if it's not worth my effort.

If we do, maybe we could let people know that there will be a number of mcn sellers at the P&C expo rather than promoting the RNW expo as we normally would?

If we went ahead, what sort of advertising/ flyer/ information should we being trying to get out there - and where?

If we don't have any RNW stand would it be worth all pitching in and putting a advertising feature in something like the Press to promote both RNW and mcn sellers at the P&C Expo??
Netty, Mum to:

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:41 am

I would just promote TNN and where to get info on cloth, after all thats what RNW is really about, getting the onfo out there. KWIM.

growingclothie
TNN oracle

Post by growingclothie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:58 am

I recon having lots of exibitors at the P&C show is what rnw is about anyway, it gets cloth in the mainstream and is the best place to catch interest of parents whom wouldn't attend a MCN event. Can't wait to say hi to everyone at the P&C show :lol:
Bec

Home educating mum to precious blessings:
*MissW (stillborn Jan'04)
*MasterZ (11yrs old, born Jan'04)
*MasterH (7yrs old, born Sept'07)
*MissK (4yrs old, born Nov'10)
*MissF (2yrs old, born July'13)

Visit me on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SteppingInWater

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 am

Mel wrote:I would just promote TNN and where to get info on cloth, after all thats what RNW is really about, getting the onfo out there. KWIM.

Another thing is that whenever we have displays we have lots of people just wanting to buy them off the shelf (Baby City and Hardy's both had a spike in sales last year). So we need to be able to offer something/ somewhere that people can buy them without going online - as a lot of people still don't like to buy online.

We will need to advertise one way or another if we have a display. I'm hoping that those getting promotion out of a RNW display would be willing to contribute to advertising costs. The SmartDress Manager did suggest that if we use their space we will need to advertise well.
Netty, Mum to:

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:02 am

growingclothie wrote:I recon having lots of exibitors at the P&C show is what rnw is about anyway, it gets cloth in the mainstream and is the best place to catch interest of parents whom wouldn't attend a MCN event. Can't wait to say hi to everyone at the P&C show :lol:

Hmmm except the organisers are capping the number of cloth nappy retailers. They're trying to get us to NOT bring our nappies as they say they have enough already - all that's showing in the exhibitors list so far is Bum Basics, Nappy Days and Snazzipants . . .

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:33 pm

Ethan's Mum wrote:
growingclothie wrote:I recon having lots of exibitors at the P&C show is what rnw is about anyway, it gets cloth in the mainstream and is the best place to catch interest of parents whom wouldn't attend a MCN event. Can't wait to say hi to everyone at the P&C show :lol:

Hmmm except the organisers are capping the number of cloth nappy retailers. They're trying to get us to NOT bring our nappies as they say they have enough already - all that's showing in the exhibitors list so far is Bum Basics, Nappy Days and Snazzipants . . .

I have to agree with them.

Having done displays at the PC expo, as well as being a preg mum and clueless back inthe day :wink: , it gets confusing when you walk up to the 5/6/7/8th stall selling nappies and you hear a completely different story each time. Headache anyone?
Plus for those who will never be interested in cloth regardless of how many stalls they walk past or like me whos child is TT, the PC expo would be sooo boring if it was mostly cloth nappies. KWIM.

Are you going to be there with your birthing pool and other stuff?

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:27 pm

i dont mind putting in some time to help with a display during rnw. i think its a good idea just to spread the word.
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”