Wellington RNW

AliG
TNN guru

Post by AliG » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:06 pm

I'd love to help out at a venue. I think a community hall would be great - somewhere easily accessible to lots of people. Petone or Kilbirnie both sound good.

I don't really have time to organise - not with two one year olds, three older kids, working and back at uni this year. But I'm happy to help out :D
Image Image
And now licensed to knit all of Tikki's fabulous patterns!

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:36 pm

I definately think public location, and reasonably accessible. I have the Wellington demo kit (although I really think someone else needs to take this over from me as I am not able to do anything with it). I can come if a weekend or Monday.
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

daydream97
TNN guru

Post by daydream97 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:47 am

I would be keen to go and look and get information. Im very new to all this and my bubs will be about 4weeks old (i think ... he/shes not born yet!!)

I live in the Hutt so as close to the Hutt would be my personal preference but I would travel into wellington.

What dates were you thinking of looking at??

=)
Jenna
:girl: Miss Mikaela (03/09)
:angel: Dec 2010
:TNN2: Reuben owen (9/11)
:stork: 08/2013
blog - My family, crafts and Montessori journey :) -- http://ticefamilynz.blogspot.com/

Susie Cardno
TNN convert

Post by Susie Cardno » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:14 pm

Is anyone keen to organise a meeting so that we can get together and discuss who is prepared to help out and different venue ideas? I do not know many of you but enjoy organising these sorts of things and am wanting to get something happening.
BOON NAPPIES
EASY FABRIC NAPPIES
WWW.BOONNAPPIES.CO.NZ
Check out our new FLIP POCKET NAPPY

Evelyn (May 06) Oliver (Dec 07)

daydream97
TNN guru

Post by daydream97 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:46 pm

I might be keen to come if the dates and times fit .... though dont know how much help id really be =) keep me the loop!
Jenna
blog - My family, crafts and Montessori journey :) -- http://ticefamilynz.blogspot.com/

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Or we could have an online meeting on MSN Messenger or something?
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

daydream97
TNN guru

Post by daydream97 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:13 pm

that could always work too ... maybe =)

although coffee is always nice as well lol =)
Jenna

redhead
TNN oracle

Post by redhead » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:43 pm

i would be more than happy to help out :D
Mama to Ashton 7 and Flynn 4 and Madeline 1

redhead
TNN oracle

Post by redhead » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:44 pm

are events strictly cloth nappies and nothign else?
Mama to Ashton 7 and Flynn 4 and Madeline 1

napz
TNN newbie

advertising at our centre

Post by napz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi ladies,

I would be happy to have a poster (if that is available?) at our infant and toddler centre to support the awarness of this event amongst our parents.
Any local ladies who want to can have some product on display?
Just a thought.

Cheers, Nancy

P.S. The centre is in Avalon, 870 High Street (Shine Montessori Nursery)
NaPZ - Nappies no More

Parents of:
Ivan, 8 (and growing) and
Luka, 5 still using cloth at night! Lots if dry night now but still happy to be a cloth supporter

serabera
TNN newbie

Nappy week

Post by serabera » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:27 pm

I may be able to help. I hire out modern cloth nappy hire kits in the Porirua area (in conjunction with the Porirua City Council and The Sustainability Trust. They can be hired out from other areas if there are kits free, so would be keen to advertise the kits but also just love talking about mcm to people. I wonder if I should organise something local.

PCC are running a competition for the hire kits mid March with free nappy giveaways (which will be advertised in the local paper). I am doing a nappy workshop at the Porirua local library mid March in conjunction with that. I might see if I can go back to the library sometime during nappy week as well, or maybe change the workshop and competition to nappy week. will talk to the city council about it.

If you have any thoughts, let me know.

If anyone is keen to help out in Porirua, please let me know too, cheers, Sarah

Susie Cardno
TNN convert

Post by Susie Cardno » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:44 am

I have been busy shifting and what not lately but now are all back on track. Has anything been organised? I am prepared to be in charge of organising something if I have several people helping out. It would be such a shame if nothing happened in Wellington. (also providing I can sell nappies on the day. I assume that is ok)

What are everyones thoughts? I have never been involved in a real nappy week so am not sure of the logistics of it all. But I like organising things. I am booked in saturday 25 April so would look at organising something for Saturday 4 May.

Let me know if you are keen to help out and if enough people are we can plan a meeting. I live in Kapiti so if anyone is happy to open their doors in the city for a meeting that would be great. We will need to move fast as it is all a month away.
BOON NAPPIES
EASY FABRIC NAPPIES
WWW.BOONNAPPIES.CO.NZ
Check out our new FLIP POCKET NAPPY

Evelyn (May 06) Oliver (Dec 07)

mamacas
TNN nerd

Post by mamacas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:40 am

maybe a nappy fair with stalls showing all the differnt nappys people make, it would be a good chance to show other mums whats out there and how easy cloth can be.
if some of the happy nappy makers out there donate a nappy then we could make up some packs to raffle off and make some money for charity.
Id be happy to donate some nappys/wipes/inserts

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:08 pm

mamacas wrote:if some of the happy nappy makers out there donate a nappy then we could make up some packs to raffle off and make some money for charity.

Hope's trust would be a lovely idea?

Looking forward to seeing what Wellingtonians can do for Real Nappy Week. It's also normally on Good Morning isn't it which is recorded in Avalon - perhaps someone could contact the show and jack something up there too about RNW?
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:01 pm

j-j wrote:Looking forward to seeing what Wellingtonians can do for Real Nappy Week. It's also normally on Good Morning isn't it which is recorded in Avalon - perhaps someone could contact the show and jack something up there too about RNW?

There is usually someone from a nappy company on Good Morning during Nappy Week... I think last year, it was Kate from Nappy Days? But I think she was representing the NZ Nappy Alliance (I think).

Getting someone on Good Morning is a great idea...

I am happy to help with anything if I can... some kind of expo/public nappiccino in a community hall/centre is a great idea, and has worked well in the past!
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”