Wellington RNW

Susie Cardno
TNN convert

Post by Susie Cardno » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:33 am

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. I was out all day and evening. We should confirm for Monday. I will PM you to get your address. 10am is a good time.

Tash (busymum), that sounds great about the space. Can I come and have a look on Monday after the meeting? It would be really great if you could come to the meeting.

If anyone needs a ride I will have my car and have two empty car seats if you have kids. I come from Paraparaumu so can pick up anyone from here down.
BOON NAPPIES
EASY FABRIC NAPPIES
WWW.BOONNAPPIES.CO.NZ
Check out our new FLIP POCKET NAPPY

Evelyn (May 06) Oliver (Dec 07)

snugglebumz
TNN nerd

Post by snugglebumz » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:22 am

when is this meeting and what time
Ruth, mum to 4 beautiful children

my new blog http://mypreciousfamily.wordpress.com/
Charlotte at about 7 months old ----------------------->>>>>
creator and maker of snugglebumz nappies
velour towelling is avaliable, pm me if interested

busymum!
TNN convert

Post by busymum! » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 am

Im not sure I can make the meeting on Monday :( I'll be at work till 3 then I have to pick my kids up from school.
Susie you can pop in anytime during the day before 3. I'll get back to you about the meeting though :D
Tash

WAHM!!!
Mum of 4 gorgeous kids!!

[img]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/bubbles18_photo/logo-1.jpg[/img]
www.busybehinds.co.nz

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:29 am

snugglebumz (mumto3) wrote:when is this meeting and what time

At this stage, we have said Monday, 10am... but I don't know if anyone can actually make it?

Show of hands please? Shall we change the date?
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

snugglebumz
TNN nerd

Post by snugglebumz » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:36 am

where is the meeting, I'm also happy to have a stall there if that is the plan depending on the price.

With the raffle what about spliting the profits between hope and Eli?

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:55 am

Meeting at my place in Miramar...

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 am

Bump, we're planning on heading over!
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

Cabbettenz
TNN nerd

Post by Cabbettenz » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:58 am

Can't believe I have only just seen this thread.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, But let Me know how it goes.

Estralita
TNN nerd

Post by Estralita » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 am

mandli wrote:Bump, we're planning on heading over!

Us too - see you at 10 :)
Anna - Mummy in Training

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:30 am

I hope you all have my new address!!!

snugglebumz
TNN nerd

Post by snugglebumz » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:35 am

sorry couldn't make it today

Susie Cardno
TNN convert

Meeting minutes

Post by Susie Cardno » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi All - Here is the run down on the meeting today.

Date of Real Nappie Week Expo: Saturday 2 May
Present: Amie, Anastasia, Susie, Anna, Lisa.

Venue: We discussed the Johnsonville hall and the brand spanking new Newlands Community Centre. I stopped in to see the Newlands venue on the way home. I was very impressed by how modern it is. I have pencilled it in for 10am – 2pm for Saturday 2 May. It has lots of facilities such as large kitchen, nice bathrooms and a toy library right there in the same venue, which is open on the morning of the expo. The only draw back is that is one street back from the main road in Newlands so we will just need to put street signs up to tell people where to turn.

Set up of the venue/stalls: In the centre of the room will be the info area – with a demo kit and 3 – 4 ladies there for question answering. Around the sides will be stalls. At the back we will set up a play area and a play pen. It would be great to have a table with a demonstration of nappies being sewn, or perhaps a display of nappies in progression of being sewn. We are needing retailers to have the stalls (for $25 per stall). We are hoping to get a good atmosphere going so are open to a couple of clothing stalls or similar if people are interested. We are also hoping to get a coffee cart of sorts outside to sell coffee and maybe snacks. We will approach Plunket or other community groups to see if they would like to set up a sausage sizzle for fundraising. We will have giveaways (Who can donate new items?). Having a raffle was talked about and no final decision was made. It could be used as a fund raiser if there is a cause.

Advertising: Classic Hits will give us mention on the morning show, and hopefully in the community notices. We are getting some posters printed and are keen for people to offer to approach there playgroups, plunkets, play centres, organic shops, daycares etc to see if they can be put up there. Other ideas for poster places are The Baby’s Room (Lambton Quay), Infintesimal and Baby Star. We will also look into advertising in some local papers (Wellingtonian, City Life).

Finance: The hall hirage is $15 an hour since it is for a non-profit organisation. Advertising is where most of the funds will be needed. The more we advertise the more people will show up. Detailed costings aren’t yet known . We will approach TNN for possible funding and any money left over after all stalls are paid for will go back to them.

NOW WE NEED HELPERS AND RETAILERS/STALL HOLDERS: Here is a list of jobs that need filling. If you can help out in even a small way it would be greatly appreciated:

Stall holder: $25 per stall.
Info desk: You don’t have to sew your own nappies to be on this desk. Just have a good general knowledge of styles and washing etc. It would be great to have a bit of rotation on this desk as lots of talking will be required.
Sewing Demo: Want to get some nappies sewn and be helpful all at once? Or maybe you could bring along a few nappies at different stages of production with some basic instructions.
Morning tea: We will set the kitchen up with refreshments for all involved.
Advertising:Does anyone have a shop or have access to a great advertising opportunity (friend working for paper, radio)
Door, Set up and pack down, general help.

Lisa: has offered to look into getting posters printed but we are still looking for designers to get them designed. We have someone in mind but any one willing to help would be appreciated.
Susie: finalising venue, contact possible retailers, getting volunteers, looking for advertising options, general organising
Posh: contacting TNN to see what financial help is available, possibly setting up a separate email address for people to contact for info.
Anna: looking into mention on Classic Hits, maybe setting up a private forum for future discussion.
BOON NAPPIES
EASY FABRIC NAPPIES
WWW.BOONNAPPIES.CO.NZ
Check out our new FLIP POCKET NAPPY

Evelyn (May 06) Oliver (Dec 07)

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks for posting this... I had forgotten already what I was supposed to do :oops:

Estralita
TNN nerd

Post by Estralita » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Okay, have done the board thingy. Don't know what I'm doing but the link is:

http://tnnwelly.freeforums.org
Anna - Mummy in Training

daydream97
TNN guru

Post by daydream97 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:46 pm

hi,

Sorry I couldnt make it to the meeting today (I would of come with buba but my grandparents are curretnly staying with me :)) ... anyways all your planning sounds great.

I also unfortuantly wont be able to help out on the day as my best friend from aussy will only just arrived! timeing is everything aye ... ;) But I do hope to manage to actualy make it out there anyways for a look around and to say hello :) ... will you be doing a door charge?

xoxo
Jenna
:girl: Miss Mikaela (03/09)
:angel: Dec 2010
:TNN2: Reuben owen (9/11)
:stork: 08/2013
blog - My family, crafts and Montessori journey :) -- http://ticefamilynz.blogspot.com/

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”