Auckland Expo debrief

missymoomoo
TNN nerd

Post by missymoomoo » Mon May 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm really bummed I didn't help out, to be honest I didn't really know much about RNW and have been lazy and didn't read up on it.

My DP works for a company that print Real Estate signs so keep him in mind for next year, not sure what you paid for the signs this year but I am happy to see what he can get them done for next time round.

I wasn't able to go but I have done a demo for a group of ladies I helped out with on their antenatal classes (RebeccaL please ignore this :wink: ). I showed them a handful of different nappies I had and explained the pros and cons for each different type. Even with the small amount I had they got extremely confused. I am happy to say that 8 out of 10 of them are using cloth now and I've even shown some of them how to make them. I can only imagine how many different types you fab ladies had :lol:

What I'm trying to say is that from the photo's I've seen I think you all did an amazing job and I'm sure the people that did go now know that the world of cloth is a lot bigger than they thought, the seed has been implanted and I'm sure a number of them will be making orders in the not too distant future.

I will keep a watch out for next year as I would love to help next time round.
Jo
Ma too two amazing and beautiful girls born 08 and 11. They just make my heart sing every day ♥

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JodulbugCreations
Blog: www.jodulbugcreations.com
Felt: http://felt.co.nz/shop/jodulbug

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon May 04, 2009 3:00 pm

Yay Jo. We had ours made for beer :wink: But we definitely need more and more contacts to help us with things like that.

Have you thought about getting in touch with Audrey? (aidenasher) she has just taken over responsiblity for demo kits. Once she has sorted the ktis she will be looking for people who can "hold" a kit which are new nappies and have examples of hte different types of nappies. Talking to her on Saturday she has plans to get them all nicely streamlined etc.
Lisa

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Post by aidanasher » Mon May 04, 2009 3:09 pm

karmiec wrote:Have you thought about getting in touch with Audrey? (aidenasher)

done! :lol: pm'd her as soon as i read the post.. :wink:

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon May 04, 2009 3:18 pm

aidanasher wrote:
karmiec wrote:Have you thought about getting in touch with Audrey? (aidenasher)

done! :lol: pm'd her as soon as i read the post.. :wink:

:lol:
Lisa

missymoomoo
TNN nerd

Post by missymoomoo » Mon May 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks ladies,

unfortunately I no longer volunteer for West Auckland Parents Centre and it's a bit hard promoting cloth when their biggest sponsor is Huggies. I did it on the sly.

Cheers
Jo
Ma too two amazing and beautiful girls born 08 and 11. They just make my heart sing every day ♥

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JodulbugCreations
Blog: www.jodulbugcreations.com
Felt: http://felt.co.nz/shop/jodulbug

Miss Shelley
TNN guru

Post by Miss Shelley » Mon May 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Can I ask what the money from the retailers was spent on? so that we can keep it in mind for next year? (having it on this thread would be a great idea in my opinion :D )
Shelley :)
(Mum to T and L )

enjay
TNN nerd

Post by enjay » Mon May 04, 2009 3:56 pm

missymoomoo wrote:Hi Ladies,

I'm really bummed I didn't help out, to be honest I didn't really know much about RNW and have been lazy and didn't read up on it.

Same here. It looks fab :-). A big well done to the organiser/s I say :wink:
Natalie, mum to 7yo DS and 4yo DD

http://www.gentlydoesit.co.nz
Caring for you and your baby

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon May 04, 2009 7:43 pm

mumoftwo wrote:Can I ask what the money from the retailers was spent on? so that we can keep it in mind for next year? (having it on this thread would be a great idea in my opinion :D )

primarily hall hire. $168.
The rest was photocopying and signage

Depending on people getting their receipts in for re-embursment we will just break even.
Lisa

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Tue May 05, 2009 9:11 am

Amy from Popit had a really good comment about the time of year as she does a lot of other markets. She notices that November and February are usually really busy times for her at markets and online. If we're thinking about doing our own RNW, then maybe those months would be good (good drying weather sells the benefits of cloth a lot more in my opinion).

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 am

rebeccal wrote:Amy from Popit had a really good comment about the time of year as she does a lot of other markets. She notices that November and February are usually really busy times for her at markets and online. If we're thinking about doing our own RNW, then maybe those months would be good (good drying weather sells the benefits of cloth a lot more in my opinion).

I agree, something needs to be done about the date for sure. Ooooh if we do November then lets plan another one this year! :lol: :wink:
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Tue May 05, 2009 11:07 am

What I think particularly rocked this year was the focus being on more "you can do cloth" than buy cloth IYKWIM.

Even those people who didn't buy something went home empowered. By the DIY and the demo kit etc. Those who wanted to buy something on the day had a lovely selection available too.

I think the DIY area rocked!! You ladies are a legend!!

I think the kiddie area was awesome.

I'm totally jealous of people who won prize packs.

There were a few mums who spent a long time at the expo talking to people getting ideas etc, and all the volunteers genuinely cared and when at the end of the day I asked if people had talked to particular people they all had. I think thats what seperates us from other events.

Now as for November. I think it would be far too cheeky to have two RNW's in one year :lol: Karyn what kind of event are you specifically after? Another Nappy focused expo or a slightly wider parenting market... pitch some ideas and dates and see if you get some bites :wink:
Lisa

Noisybabe007
TNN nerd

Excellent

Post by Noisybabe007 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Enjoyed the expo - yay for people from Hobsonville - we braved the weather with our 2 1/2 wk old - Olivia (in cloth nappies from day dot!)

Just a question - who won the prize you entered for as you went in??

Thanks

Ang, Steve and Olivia
Ang - Wife to Wonderful DH S :smt049, Mummy to Gorgeous O :princess: - 16/4/09, our Miracle V :princess: 11/10/11, & Wee Man Lucas 02/06/13- as well as 2 kittys Zoe and Blue :cat: :cat:

ImageImageImage

grubbiejulz
TNN nerd

Re: Excellent

Post by grubbiejulz » Wed May 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Noisybabe007 wrote:Enjoyed the expo - yay for people from Hobsonville - we braved the weather with our 2 1/2 wk old - Olivia (in cloth nappies from day dot!)

Thanks

Ang, Steve and Olivia

People from Hobsonville ROCK :lol:

Welcome to TNN :smt039
Julie
I blog here http://grubbiejulz.blogspot.com/
I'm on Ravelry as grubbiejulz http://www.ravelry.com/people/grubbiejulz
Come meet us IRL at Slingbabies http://www.slingbabies.co.nz

CarlaK
TNN guru

Re: Excellent

Post by CarlaK » Wed May 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Noisybabe007 wrote:Enjoyed the expo - yay for people from Hobsonville - we braved the weather with our 2 1/2 wk old - Olivia (in cloth nappies from day dot!)

Thanks

Ang, Steve and Olivia

Hello!!!!! I live in Hobby too :):) andddd i have an Olivia as well :)

welcome to TNN :)
Carla, Mum of Kaylee - 8, Olivia - 6, Benjamin - 3

Just keep swimming ;)

Noisybabe007
TNN nerd

Thanks

Post by Noisybabe007 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:48 pm

For the welcomes!!

Great choice in name - Olivia is a great name!!
Ang - Wife to Wonderful DH S :smt049, Mummy to Gorgeous O :princess: - 16/4/09, our Miracle V :princess: 11/10/11, & Wee Man Lucas 02/06/13- as well as 2 kittys Zoe and Blue :cat: :cat:

ImageImageImage

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”