Wellington RNW debrief

posh
TNN oracle

Wellington RNW debrief

Post by posh » Sun May 03, 2009 8:41 pm

We will be having a meeting to debrief from Wgtn RNW on Monday 25 May from 10am, at my house.

We will also be discussing other items of interest such as the Wellington Demo Kit

Please PM me for my address if you would like to attend

:)
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon May 04, 2009 9:42 am

(putting on TNN hat)
Could you keep me updated on your debrief? I'm going to try and work out some systems and help sheets for future years... make things easier for our volunteers :D
Lisa

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Mon May 04, 2009 9:57 am

We will post an update/minutes of the meeting here :)

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

Susie Cardno
TNN convert

Post by Susie Cardno » Mon May 04, 2009 12:21 pm

I should be there. That is a busy week with two birthdays from our family (including my own - can't forget that one).

On reflection it actually wasn't a bad day. We never had crowds but did get a good amount through, especially near the end. And they were all exactly who we wanted - people looking to change completely to cloth and mainly pregnant couples.

Will make some notes on what was good and what could be done better - obviously advertising is something we will improve on next year. And getting ready earlier. But not bad for 3 weeks planning.
BOON NAPPIES
EASY FABRIC NAPPIES
WWW.BOONNAPPIES.CO.NZ
Check out our new FLIP POCKET NAPPY

Evelyn (May 06) Oliver (Dec 07)

Estralita
TNN nerd

Post by Estralita » Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Glad to hear that it went well - congrats guys :)

I can't make the 25th, but for your notes I have confirmed that it made the community notices on Newstalk ZB and Classic Hits. It was mentioned during the Classic Hits brekkie show on Friday, and it got a huge push on the Saturday morning.

There were questions about the station websites.. it didn't make it to these - the websites are run primarily from the network hub in Auckland and don't really promote local stuff - although, it could be done with a bit more notice - but I don't see them as a great source of advertising anyway.

With more planning there are options like getting a sponsor (logos on posters as a trade for a more concrete on air promotion with giveaway etc) but that would need to be organised at least 4-6 weeks out and with a more formalised approach.

I think the idea of picking our own date (and sticking to it!) has a lot of merit.
Anna - Mummy in Training

AliG
TNN guru

Post by AliG » Mon May 04, 2009 11:03 pm

I agree with all of the above - with the addition of selecting a venue that has more foot traffic. I think people are more likely to make the effort to check it out if it is located somewhere with other attractions close by (shopping malls etc) and also easily accessible by public transport.

I think we did a great job in the short space of time we had to plan and organise it - maybe next year we could start a little earlier.
Image Image
And now licensed to knit all of Tikki's fabulous patterns!

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Tue May 05, 2009 7:32 am

AliG wrote:I agree with all of the above - with the addition of selecting a venue that has more foot traffic. I think people are more likely to make the effort to check it out if it is located somewhere with other attractions close by (shopping malls etc) and also easily accessible by public transport.

I think we did a great job in the short space of time we had to plan and organise it - maybe next year we could start a little earlier.

Agree here too. I think if we have an informal sub-committee planning on going stuff in Wellington then we will be better prepared anyway. I should be fine for the 25th.
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Fri May 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Bumping this up for Monday...

Everyone is invited (you did not have to be involved with RNW to come along) as we will be discussing things to do with the Wgtn Demo Kit.

PM me for my address

amcham
TNN nerd

Post by amcham » Fri May 22, 2009 12:44 pm

We'll be there but a bit late....have midwife at 9:30
Amie
Mum to 3 boys

Susie Cardno
TNN convert

Post by Susie Cardno » Sun May 24, 2009 1:35 pm

I am not going to make it down to the city tomorrow. My childcarer has been unwell all week so I had no child care, hence got no work done. So tomorrow I will be putting my head down to work, work, work. I will PM Posh some of my thoughts. can the things discussed from the meeting be posted so I can catch up.

Have a good meeting guys.
BOON NAPPIES
EASY FABRIC NAPPIES
WWW.BOONNAPPIES.CO.NZ
Check out our new FLIP POCKET NAPPY

Evelyn (May 06) Oliver (Dec 07)

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Sun May 24, 2009 2:08 pm

How about we postpone for a week? Being selfish, we only got back yesterday, and also so Susie could attend??

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Sun May 24, 2009 7:45 pm

mandli wrote:How about we postpone for a week? Being selfish, we only got back yesterday, and also so Susie could attend??

That suits me...

Next Monday is Queen's Birthday weekend though, so a public holiday... I am happy to host the following week though (6 June?)

I know it is a bit away... but I would rather have as many people come along as possible as we need to discuss the demo kits as well!

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Sun May 24, 2009 9:10 pm

Yes 6th June would be great.

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Sun May 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Sorry... it is Monday 8th June... not 6th!

AliG
TNN guru

Post by AliG » Sun May 24, 2009 9:30 pm

No problem. Will reschedule for the 8th June.
Image Image
And now licensed to knit all of Tikki's fabulous patterns!

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”