Sewing Pattern testers wtd pls-sml pocket-update p3 4testers

Nappies, knitting patterns or anything else where you can post for testers wanted
Mumof4girls

Post by Mumof4girls » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:21 pm

I also have a baby available if anyone wants a tester :lol: a 4month old and my sister has a 2 day old :D

justene
TNN nerd

Post by justene » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:39 pm

1. Your sewing skills (beginner, moderate, experienced) experienced
2. The approximate ages of the child(ren) under 6 months of age that you have access to for trying on the completed pocket 3x 4month old girls
3. Can you provide photos, sizing details and permission for me to use them? yes
4. Are you able to meet the short testing deadline with ease? yes[/b]
my 4 awesome girls! Amy 3/06 Jade 3/06 Reese 5/09 Zoe 6/11

LuluNZ
TNN guru

Post by LuluNZ » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Ok, there are a few offers for tester babies (which of course I don't have) so if one of them doesn't mind me using their baby then I'd like to test the pattern.

1. Your sewing skills (beginner, moderate, experienced) moderate
2. The approximate ages of the child(ren) Newborn and/or 4 month old (Angels baby or Mumof3girls baby(ies))
3. Can you provide photos, sizing details and permission for me to use them? yes
4. Are you able to meet the short testing deadline with ease? [b]yes[/b
Mummy to DD (19) and DS(5)

nicky-noodle
TNN guru

Post by nicky-noodle » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:49 pm

My baby is available too if needed to be a tester. She is nearly 12 weeks.

krisha
TNN oracle

Post by krisha » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:54 pm

I could also have a tester here... 6mths old, but a very small 6mth old - who is fitting smalls at the moment still :)

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 am

I'm happy to make one up if you want L....

Miss 16 months still fits her smalls.. would depend on the rise though.
She wouldnt be the best pattern tester though I'm thinking - wouldnt help much with average age range :wink: and I have no idea about her weight LOL

I would have thought that aiming to have a small pattern fit to an average 6 month old would be about right??? Seems that lots of small patterns around are really a big newborn.... I would aim to have a small up to 6 months ish and a medium up to 18?? ... then larges being a true large that would fit a 3 year old (obviously there is a massive size difference in any age group...) jmtcw.

Tentacles
TNN guru

Post by Tentacles » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:37 am

If you still need someone to make one up I can Leanne. I see there are lots of people who are willing to offer babies to test and I am back into nappy making after a long break.
Alison - Currently SAHM to DS (04/07) and DD (09/10).

http://kiwicraftychemist.blogspot.com

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Thank you for all the generous offers of your time!

I'm still writing it all up, as always it takes much longer than expected. I shall be in touch hopefully by the end of this week.

I'd love to hear from a some people new to sewing (or do any of you have a friend whom you may be able to convince to give it a try?).

Thank you, and please continue to register your interest, especially if you're new to sewing.

And yes Claire, I'd personally hope it would fit closer to the 6 month stage - it's a lot of work & expense for just a few months wear otherwise. The rise is about 41 cm when finished.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

piggywiggy
TNN nerd

Post by piggywiggy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:34 pm

I could volunteer flutterby as new to sewing and me as not new but a muddler through to try and work through a pattern together.
As in she could try and do it - I'll sit with her and then we'll work out which parts of you instructions need modification for a newbie.
I've only ever made nappies from patterns where I've had a made up pattern sitting beside me so that I can work out what it's supposed to look like when finished.
Would be quite happy to post onto somebody to see what the range of fit is like - or we could prob drum up someone around here to give it a whirl.
Catherine
Working mumma to D (march 08) and N (dec 10)

LuluNZ
TNN guru

Post by LuluNZ » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:53 pm

My DD has been on at me to learn to sew so she could be my sewer while I look over her back. I've not sewn since I was 11 before doing nappies and like Catherine, I'm not much of a pattern sewer and prefer to have a made up version next to me to copy. So this would be rather new to me (also I'm quite a novice to sewing pockets).

Bella's mama
TNN guru

Post by Bella's mama » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:25 pm

My sister is very new to sewing and would be happy to give it a try-if I watch her kiddies!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sarah

ImageImage

ImageImage

Follow us on our family blog:
http://ramblingsofthekovacsfamily.blogspot.com/?spref=fb

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:24 pm

:lol: :oops:
sorry.... I sounded all bossy :oops: .. you can do your pattern how you like :wink:
.. I think it is always the rise that seems to go first on smalls though eh and the tummy that goes first on larges.. does anyone else find that? sorry for the tj.

shellbell
TNN convert

Post by shellbell » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:26 pm

I don't have any kids in nappies but I would be happy to try out the pattern etc for you. My sister has a 5 month old baby who could test it for you. And my other sister is due with a baby any day now.
mum to 2 boys, 8 and 4 and my little girl 2 1/2.
www.ezpzbaby.co.nz

Mumof4girls

Post by Mumof4girls » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 pm

LuluNZ wrote:Ok, there are a few offers for tester babies (which of course I don't have) so if one of them doesn't mind me using their baby then I'd like to test the pattern.

2. The approximate ages of the child(ren) Newborn and/or 4 month old (Angels baby or Mumof3girls baby(ies))

Ooooh Lurene Im happy for Holly to be a tester for you :lol: Im stoked she now fits into your AI2 that I brought off you....its awesome and I love it! Didnt think it would fit for aggggges :lol:

LuluNZ
TNN guru

Post by LuluNZ » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:05 pm

mumof3girls wrote:
LuluNZ wrote:Ok, there are a few offers for tester babies (which of course I don't have) so if one of them doesn't mind me using their baby then I'd like to test the pattern.

Ooooh Lurene Im happy for Holly to be a tester for you :lol: Im stoked she now fits into your AI2 that I brought off you....its awesome and I love it! Didnt think it would fit for aggggges :lol:

Awww shucks :oops: . Looks like I have a baby then so hopefully I can be a tester.

Return to “Testers”