Baby singlet testers needed - 4ply

Nappies, knitting patterns or anything else where you can post for testers wanted
Kieransmum
TNN guru

Re: Baby singlet testers needed - 4ply

Post by Kieransmum » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:34 pm

I will hopefully finish the singlet tonight. What info/feedback are you after Margo (I have not done a test knit before).

emmapea
TNN guru

Post by emmapea » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Kieransmum wrote:I will hopefully finish the singlet tonight. What info/feedback are you after Margo (I have not done a test knit before).

I thought I would finish tonight too but it looks like it will take me at least another night now!! Looking warm and snuggy though :smt060
Emma - Mum to Oliver (May 2007), Lachlan (December 2009) and Annabel (January 2014)

Paws
TNN guru

Post by Paws » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:46 pm

Think I'll be sitting down to do some hardcore knitting tomorrow....still only about 5 rounds into mine. :oops:

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Paws wrote:Think I'll be sitting down to do some hardcore knitting tomorrow....still only about 5 rounds into mine. :oops:

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one not/barely started!!

I'm still waiting on 3mm tips to arrive from vp... went into town on monday, found out knitworld don't stock nickel (and charge riddiculous prices for the harmony tips) ordered the tips on tuesday, and then of course they didn't arrive before easter :rant:

I started a milo in the meantime for Alex, and it's nearly half done :rotfl: But will be putting it down soon as the new tips arrive... better be tomorrow!
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:11 am

Okay, I'm sorry but I'm bowing out of this... (MIL is going to finish it, so you'll still get the singlet finished) It's just WAY too time consuming for a baby singlet for me sorry 8-[ I can't rib while doing anything else (eg watching tv, carrying on a conversation) and 188 stitches a round, it takes me forever just to finish one round. :hide:

Sorry to give bad pattern feedback, note that it probably doesn't help that I'm pedantic about things, so I end up second guessing myself (did I do one or two knit/purls just then?) almost every 2nd stitch, and having to count it all again. :twitch:

MIL's TNN name is crystal, and she'll be taking over from where I've started.
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

SamG
TNN nerd

Post by SamG » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 am

oh it looks lovely!

Kieransmum
TNN guru

Post by Kieransmum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Margo?!

nznats
TNN guru

Post by nznats » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Margo was away, but ive let her know that youre wanting her :D
Natalie! Mama to Amalia (04/04) Aston (03/07) Davien (06/08) and Kalina (05/10)

~It will all be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end ~

KiwiWonder
TNN nerd

Post by KiwiWonder » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:36 pm

Mainly looking for sizing feedback (does it fit? what size range does it fit? is it too tight / too loose / just right?) and if there's any errors or things that could be done better in the pattern, iykwim.

I already know ribbing's a pain :oops: but it accomplishes what I want. ;)

Would love photos, either here or emailed, but there's no obligation for those.

And just a note re: testers - I have all I need now, for all sizes :) But thanks for all the offers!
Margo - http://kiwiwonder.wordpress.com
Zamara - July 2006 / Katerina - March 2008 / Marci - Dec 2009 stillborn at 21 weeks / Marta - Oct 2010

Kieransmum
TNN guru

Post by Kieransmum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Thanks. Will sew it up this pm and then hopefully will meet up with other TNN'ers next week and see who else it fits.

Personally, I don't mind ribbing, and it is easy enough to correct if you spot a problem.

Kieransmum
TNN guru

Post by Kieransmum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:04 pm

KiwiWonder wrote:Mainly looking for sizing feedback (does it fit? what size range does it fit? is it too tight / too loose / just right?) and if there's any errors or things that could be done better in the pattern, iykwim.

I already know ribbing's a pain :oops: but it accomplishes what I want. ;)

Would love photos, either here or emailed, but there's no obligation for those.

And just a note re: testers - I have all I need now, for all sizes :) But thanks for all the offers!

Ok so it is finished. The small size is already quite snug on my 7 weeker(11lb 110z weighed today). The rib is almost fully 'open' around her belly. It comes to just above her belly button too. I was just trying it without sleeves at first and I think given that it only just fits around the shoulder it would be too tight/awkward with sleeves.

I was a bit stumped when sewing it up, still not sure if I have done it correctly so I think you would need to provide a clear pic of what you mean. Otherwise it was an easy to follow pattern and one that could be done fairly safely while being distracted (tv/kids).

I like the rib look - I reckon it would look good as a outer garment/vest as well.

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 pm

I have finished my newborn one. It looks quite small, but seems to stretch well. I used 100% handdyed alpaca wool for it and it is soooo soft. I suspect there is a reasonable amount of stretch in the wool itself and I tend to knit on the looser side. I will test it for fit once this baby puts in its appearance, I have the singlet packed in the baby bag :D
Measurements are length of back 23cm, width (unstretched) 15cm, front 19cm.

IMGP2022.JPG
IMGP2022.JPG (137 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Louise - CBE and SAHM to 6 children; 14, 11, 9, 8, 6, and 4.
Angel mummy to MissK 12 and 2 little ^i^

*If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. By Winnie the Pooh*

Owner and creator of Kanzu - Clothing with a difference https://www.facebook.com/kanzudesign

AliG
TNN guru

Post by AliG » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 pm

That looks lovely Louise :D

I'm doing the XL and am only about 8cm into it. I'm quite a tight knitter which doesn't help! I need to get this done asap as I have orders and some other projects due soon too.
Image Image
And now licensed to knit all of Tikki's fabulous patterns!

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:15 pm

thanks, I was a bit disappointed with the evenness of my knitting but I am having issues with my bump being in the way so I cant hold the needles the way I normally do and my left hand keeps going numb due to ulna nerve issues lol!!! I havnt blocked it at all (do you still block with ribbing?) I am hoping once its washed and worn a couple of times it will ease out more evenly. But I really love the simplicity of the pattern, it was quick and easy, I will probably do a couple more for him too.
Louise - CBE and SAHM to 6 children; 14, 11, 9, 8, 6, and 4.
Angel mummy to MissK 12 and 2 little ^i^

*If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. By Winnie the Pooh*

Owner and creator of Kanzu - Clothing with a difference https://www.facebook.com/kanzudesign

nakigal
TNN nerd

Post by nakigal » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Mum has finished the Med but forgot to bring it when she visited today. I will pick it up next time I see her and post feedback
Deborah
Mum to DD1 J 31/08/07 and DD2 P 06/10/09 - my two little princesses, and now a wee prince DS1 C 04/04/11

Return to “Testers”