Theme brainstorming

LuluNZ
TNN guru

Re: April 2010 - theme?

Post by LuluNZ » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:47 am

Ooh, I think I could be in on this one. I'm planning on making DS a merino hoody (as $75 for a mokopuna one is out of my price range) and I also saw some black cords in the PP outlet store yesterday for $22.95 which I fell in love with then I realised I still had black cord left over from making DD's schoolbag. I'm going to attempt a few long sleeved tops to for DS and try my hand at applique.
Mummy to DD (19) and DS(5)

rootoo
TNN guru

Post by rootoo » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:49 am

daydream97 wrote:
rootoo wrote:I like the winter prep idea, but is it too limited to just making clothes? Oh and knitting I guess..
I'm happy to go with that anyway since I'll be doing it theme or not ;) I have 2 more merino tops cut ready to sew, and more merino on the way :oops: and me and my friend are having a trackpants making party next week lol, gonna make us some styling trackies based on our comfy pjs pants lol.

what fabric are you using for your trackies? just polar fleece or the trackie pants fabric thats smooth one side and fluffy inside ... if its that where did you get it from? i need to get some to do some more pants etc for miky and me :D

No idea, friend is going fabric shopping before she comes over lol We're hoping we can get a few metres cheap of something and then make us a pair each and use the scraps for some for DS, so we'll all be matching :lol: I'm hoping we don't end up with polarfleece cos I reckon they're make me a bit hot, but since we just want them for warm comfy around home pants it'll be whatever we can get cheap ;)
Rachel
Mama to Josh 6/10/08 and Ollie 25/5/11

http://www.facebook.com/featherbrushyarns

daydream97
TNN guru

Post by daydream97 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:51 am

rootoo wrote:
daydream97 wrote:
rootoo wrote:I like the winter prep idea, but is it too limited to just making clothes? Oh and knitting I guess..
I'm happy to go with that anyway since I'll be doing it theme or not ;) I have 2 more merino tops cut ready to sew, and more merino on the way :oops: and me and my friend are having a trackpants making party next week lol, gonna make us some styling trackies based on our comfy pjs pants lol.

what fabric are you using for your trackies? just polar fleece or the trackie pants fabric thats smooth one side and fluffy inside ... if its that where did you get it from? i need to get some to do some more pants etc for miky and me :D

No idea, friend is going fabric shopping before she comes over lol We're hoping we can get a few metres cheap of something and then make us a pair each and use the scraps for some for DS, so we'll all be matching :lol: I'm hoping we don't end up with polarfleece cos I reckon they're make me a bit hot, but since we just want them for warm comfy around home pants it'll be whatever we can get cheap ;)

cool :) could you let me knwo what you find? cos like i said i would like to make some as well, but i just want tracky type fabric not polar fleece for myself cos i dont like the feel of it against my skin lol i have made a couple of pairs of trackys for miky out of some cute polar fleece type stuff htough and she loves em :D nice and snug and warm :D
Jenna
:girl: Miss Mikaela (03/09)
:angel: Dec 2010
:TNN2: Reuben owen (9/11)
:stork: 08/2013
blog - My family, crafts and Montessori journey :) -- http://ticefamilynz.blogspot.com/

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm good with winter as a theme (thinking wincyette pj's) or house stuff as I'm currently working on a bean bag.
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Claude30
TNN guru

Post by Claude30 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:44 pm

What an awesome thread - I just stumbled across this this morning and I like a winter theme to try get me some motivation, as all the kids need new winter PJs, and this bub is going to be arriving in a couple of months and is going to need a winter wardrobe that I have been procrastinating about for far too long.
Kiley - SAHM to - Caycee (8/03), Stefanie (6/05), Brody (12/06), Keegan (5/10) and
Image Image

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:52 pm

I like the idea of a prepare for winter theme too... it's what I'm doing here anyway! 8-) Hoping to get a singlet, milo, longies & jacket knitted for Alex before winter... and would like to figure out how to make some merino tops. Wish me luck :lol:
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

Dunners
TNN oracle

Re: Theme brainstorming

Post by Dunners » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:46 pm

I've been watching, and I am all in for WIP & winter wardrobe themes if everyone is happy to run with those for April. I've just changed this title to a general brainstorm thread.

Looking forward to seeing pics in a gallery/inspiration thread ;) (whomever is ready first can start one (I really don't need more posts :rotfl: ))

And don't forget that there's no deadline or pressure to finish within a month. I'm still working on my upcycling ideas, and will add photos when I can!
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

daydream97
TNN guru

Post by daydream97 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:19 pm

well im onto it for once this month :D sewed up two sets of flannete/cotton lyrca stretch pjs and two merino long sleeved tops so far :D just need to hem them up! she hasnt tried the pj tops on and im hoping i havent made the head holes too small, oh well can redo if they are, it was easy once i finaly worked it all out :D :D \:D/ so will start a thread tomorrow oncei have finished them off and taken piccys ... unless someone else beats me to it ;) :detective:
Jenna
blog - My family, crafts and Montessori journey :) -- http://ticefamilynz.blogspot.com/

nzwildchik69
TNN nerd

Post by nzwildchik69 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:21 pm

daydream97 wrote:well im onto it for once this month :D sewed up two sets of flannete/cotton lyrca stretch pjs and two merino long sleeved tops so far :D just need to hem them up! she hasnt tried the pj tops on and im hoping i havent made the head holes too small, oh well can redo if they are, it was easy once i finaly worked it all out :D :D \:D/ so will start a thread tomorrow oncei have finished them off and taken piccys ... unless someone else beats me to it ;) :detective:

i have made a start too! will take piccys when i have done more
Zita mum to :king: Haylen 11/11 :king: Denzel 03/08 and :queen: Kiara 05/05

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:14 am

:rotfl: Sounds like this cold snap has shocked us all into action :lol: I too started cutting out last night (creating even more WIP projects :roll: )
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

rangitotogirl
TNN oracle

Post by rangitotogirl » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:53 am

Dunners wrote::rotfl: Sounds like this cold snap has shocked us all into action :lol: I too started cutting out last night (creating even more WIP projects :roll: )

What cold snap. 8-[ Still in t-shirts and shorts here.

http://www.carrymybaby.co.nz
http://www.facebook.com/carrymybabynewzealand

http://www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
http://www.facebook.com/scarecrowfarm
http://www.mobywrap.co.nz

mamacas
TNN nerd

Post by mamacas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:34 am

totaly in for a winter theme, i brought a bag of wheat 2 months ago and still havent made my kids there wheat bags yet :oops: and i had some fab ideas for the upcycle last month but i was so busy, i didnt even get started :( but its kinda winter themed so i guess its still do-a-bal :roll:

daydream the best fabric iv found for trackies is the 100% cotton fleece at the fabric warehouse, i got heaps of colours from them last winter and it was only $9-10 a metre.
i havent been in yet this year so dont know if they have it in yet.

ok time to get sewing/knitting :whip:

daydream97
TNN guru

Post by daydream97 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am

mamacas wrote:
daydream the best fabric iv found for trackies is the 100% cotton fleece at the fabric warehouse, i got heaps of colours from them last winter and it was only $9-10 a metre.
i havent been in yet this year so dont know if they have it in yet.

:

ooh thank you :) Will have to give them a call to see if they have any in yet ;D ... wonder when they are going to ahve their next 50% off sale?.. anybody know? :D :detective:

oh and the neck lines were a lil too small, doh! so after break and clean up Im going to cut them out and redo, plus ad a ruffle to hte bottom of hte first pair of pj pants i made as i acidently cut a hole in them and then the leg shortened when i fixed it up ... gtrr!! so off to fix my mistakes and then hem \:D/
Jenna

nzwildchik69
TNN nerd

Post by nzwildchik69 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:48 am

mamacas wrote:totaly in for a winter theme, i brought a bag of wheat 2 months ago and still havent made my kids there wheat bags yet :oops: and i had some fab ideas for the upcycle last month but i was so busy, i didnt even get started :( but its kinda winter themed so i guess its still do-a-bal :roll:

i made some wheat bags last night i made a small one too as i randomly get tooth aches and its the perfect size to sleep on
Zita mum to :king: Haylen 11/11 :king: Denzel 03/08 and :queen: Kiara 05/05

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 am

I've finished my beanbag, so I'm about to cut out pj's for the winter theme.
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Return to “Monthly Craft focus”