Older children who wet the bed

Nappies, knitting patterns or anything else where you can post for testers wanted
TheBean
TNN nerd

Re: Older children who wet the bed

Post by TheBean » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Khai wrote:I don't count four as an older child, buuuut big enough not to fit normal sized nappies. :gaah:
Ahh. We use the happy heiny pull up pocket trainers for both boys at night, they are huge sizing but my (pretty big) 8yo is just starting to get complainy about them around the legs.
Sarah

misstickle
TNN guru

Post by misstickle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:19 pm

OMG yes me me!
Miss 5 nearly 6 is a power pee-er at night and shes 23kg.
Formerly known as SPUNKBUBBLE

Laura - keeping up the trend of 'dodgy usernames' since 2007 ;)
Mum to Manaia and Jaye.

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:19 pm

TheBean wrote:
Khai wrote:I don't count four as an older child, buuuut big enough not to fit normal sized nappies. :gaah:
Ahh. We use the happy heiny pull up pocket trainers for both boys at night, they are huge sizing but my (pretty big) 8yo is just starting to get complainy about them around the legs.
Would a medium be better on a 4yo? I was looking at them today.

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Yeah I'd definitely say a medium, they run really large.
Sarah

capelbach
TNN addict

Post by capelbach » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:34 am

Thanks everyone, I'm going to have a good look through and get back to some of you later in the week. I may well start off with a couple of testers, and then come back for more a little bit further down the line, so if I don't pick you first time round, I may well still need you later.
Kelly-Jo Mummy to my boys Kai (7) and Mahe (5) and little ladies Lena (3) and Anja (15 months)

Nappy needZ for all your cloth nappy needs

http://www.ecobots.co.nz

jaycee
TNN addict

Post by jaycee » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Oooohh - just saw this, my Miss 5 1/2 is still wet every morning. We are trying taking her to the toilet at 9pm (by 9.30 we have misses the wee :? ) she is a very heavy sleeper. She is in standard size 5 clothes and we are using the dry nights 4-7 range.

If you need another tester she might be willing to try :hide:
Julia - SAHM to
Miss A (May '06) :girl: & Miss S (Feb '08) :girl:
Master MJ (Aug '12) :TNN2:
and two crazy beagles :paw: :paw:

Aitchy
TNN nerd

Post by Aitchy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 pm

My nearly 6year old is on the improve (amazing the power of a club penguin membership bribe...) but with regards to those using drynites etc, I recommend going up to the larger size i.e. 7-11 year olds as the absorbency increases (and we use Pams as drynites give DS a nasty rash on the top of his bottom). Dare I say on a cloth nappy forum that Kimberley Clark will send out a sample of larger size drynites if you ring them and tell them that the ones for the child's age are leaking.
Good luck with your trial capelbach, I found with my DS that cloth nappies were no longer effective at night time from about the age of 2 - he was such a heavy wetter that I couldn't get the right amount of absorbency in without creating a huge lump in his nappy that would squash his penis.

Hermione

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Petals wrote:I have a 4.5 yr old heavy wetter who thinks that cloth nappies hurt his penis :twitch:
I have one like this as well whos ends up very red in that area and is fine with disposables. Was in cloth full time until dry in the day and was fine :boohoo: :gaah:
maybe needs somethat that allows airflow???? just have not had the time to make anyting. have all the fabrics plus plus here just not the time LOL
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:08 pm

TheBean wrote:Eep all these four year olds being 'older children' for still wetting are making me feel bad lol. Mine are 8 yo & almost 6 yo, both almost every nighters.
tastic wrote:my son aged 6 in size 5 still wets the bed was good till the earthquakes now its almost every night :roll:
That sucks Trish :? :grouphug:
My 6 yr ols is still very wet every night. Also I had 2 foster children and my eldest child at home at the time were wet every night as well and they were 8 and 2 10 yr olds.
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

Toni Robinson
TNN newbie

Post by Toni Robinson » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:02 am

Hi there,
I have a 4 yr old that still wets the bed regularly and no longer fits naps/wont wear them cause they're too tight....she wears a size 7 in clothes

Makana
TNN guru

Post by Makana » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:34 am

DD1 at 6.5 years is wearing pull ups to bed - always wet :roll: :gaah:

Anything to help would be good.
Kate
SAHM to Ariana 8yrs, Makayla 5 years & Holly 2
and three angels
Please check out: Hats for Ethan
My blog HERE

tastic
TNN nerd

Post by tastic » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:43 am

its been the longest week here with bailey :( every night atm he wakes wet - put him in with his brother last night - top an tail and yep he's wet his bed too - this is despite me taking him to the toilet 15 minutes earlier!
Trish :Knitting: :sew:
Mum to Bailey - 7 :king:, our NICU Miracle Aidan (born at 26 weeks) - 6 :king: and Adele - 2 :queen:
Image Image Image

my goal this year: beat last years total!
ImageImage

AliG
TNN guru

Post by AliG » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:21 am

Damn it!! Why did I miss this??? I have a 12 year old who wets the bed still and I'm looking for something to go on the bed that actually works. Still need a tester?

I can't afford a brolly sheet, and not sure if it would be big enough to cover the area he wets anyway, so I was thinking of patching together some PUL I have here and putting an absorbent layer of some kind between it and a cotton layer, but an actual, properly designed sheet would be fab!

Oops - or was it a nappy type thing you're testing? God anything that stops me from having to wash the bedding, duvet and pillow would be fab!
Image Image
And now licensed to knit all of Tikki's fabulous patterns!

Return to “Testers”